A02 Crawler Crane
To provide high quality training and testing in the safe and effective use of plant and machinery to enable the candidate to attain the CPCS Red Operator Card.
This course is for people with limited or no experience of operating a crawler crane.
It teaches you how to operate and maintain a crawler crane safely.
- CITB Health, safety and environment test passed within two years before the course start date or CPCS test date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Teaching and Assessment
- 5 Days Training – Classroom-based and Practical Training
- 1 Day – CPCS Testing
We also offer a 2 day experienced worker course for candidates who do not require practical training.
- Operating the crane safely and productively
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator preparing for work
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Responding to recognised crane signals accurately
- Positioning the crane correctly
- Altering jib lengths and associated safety devices
- Carrying out routine maintenance and making minor adjustments
- Understanding safe-load indicators and duties charts
- Identify the basic theory of power units, transmission systems and control systems
- Programming safe-load indicators
- Understanding the effects of radius change on the safe working capacity
- Observing the statutory regulations and Codes of Practice
- Gauging the effect of shock loading on structural strength, stability and load displacement
- Recognising the principles of safe slinging and the types and capacities of chains, slings and lifting gear.
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Register and complete the NVQ level 2 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.