A21 Wheeled Loading Shovel
To provide high quality training and testing in the safe and effective use of plant and machinery to enable the candidate to attain the CPCS Red Operator Card.
This course is for people with limited or no experience of operating a Wheeled Loading Shovel.
It teaches you how to operate and maintain a Wheeled Loading Shovel safely.
- CITB Health, safety and environment test passed within two years before the course start date or CPCS test date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Teaching and Assessment
- 3 Days Training – Classroom-based and Practical Training
- 1 Day – CPCS Testing
We also offer a 2 day experienced worker course for candidates who do not require practical training.
- Undertake all pre-start, running checks and shut down procedures, mount and dismount
- Explain precautions to be taken for underground and overhead services and other hazards
- Prepare and configure the wheeled loading shovel for site and road travel
- Place the machine in an out of service condition
- Carry out excavations from an embankment of different materials and form stockpiles and ramps
- Ensure load integrity and security
- Explain loading/unloading procedures for machine transportation.
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Register and complete the NVQ level 2 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.