A22 Tracked Loading Shovel
To provide high quality training and testing in the safe and effective use of plant and machinery to enable the candidate to attain the CPCS Red Operator Card.
This course is for people with limited or no experience of operating a Tracked Loading Shovel.
It teaches you how to operate and maintain a Tracked Loading Shovel safely.
- CITB Health, safety and environment test passed within two years before the course start date or CPCS test date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Teaching and Assessment
- 3 days training – classroom-based and practical training
- 1 day – CPCS testing
We also offer a 2 day experienced worker course for candidates who do not require practical training.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and relevant plant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Configure and set for site and highway travel
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces; laden and unladen
- Maneuverer relevant plant in confined spaces
- Configure and set for extraction and loading duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Extract differing types of materials from stockpiles and other sources
- Form stockpiles of segregated materials and construct (temporary) ramps
- Sort and place materials into transporting vehicles and hoppers
- Spread and level ground and materials
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Register and complete the NVQ level 2 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.