A26 Mobile Elevating Work Platform – Boom
To provide high quality training and testing in the safe and effective use of plant and machinery to enable the candidate to attain the CPCS Red Operator Card.
This course is for people with limited or no experience of operating a MEWP Boom.
It teaches you how to operate and maintain a MEWP Boom safely.
- CITB Health, safety and environment test passed within two years before the course start date or CPCS test date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Teaching and Assessment
- 2 Days Training – Classroom-based and Practical Training
- 1 Day – CPCS Testing
We also offer a 2 day experienced worker course for candidates who do not require practical training.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Check emergency lowering functions
- Configure and set for site travel
- Travel over level surfaces (all types) and uneven terrain (self propelled)
- Explain travel procedures and precautions on inclines
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
- Configure and set for accessing duties
- Position the platform to access a work position
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Access working points up to full operating height and reach
- Travel with a raised platform (relevant endorsement)
- Carry out plant shut down and securing procedures
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Register and complete the NVQ level 2 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.