A40 Slinger Signaller
With effect from January 19th 2015 this category has been amended to add endorsements against a range of lifting equipment types to cover the increased use of slingers for a wider variety of lifting operations.
The endorsements are:
A – All Types – all duties
B – All Types – static duties
C – Knuckle boom static only
D – Excavator only
E – Lift truck only
To provide high quality training and testing in the safe and effective use of plant and machinery to enable the candidate to attain the CPCS Red Operator Card.
This course is for anyone who requires training in slinging & signalling.
It is suitable if you have received no formal instruction.
If you wish to refresh your skills, we offer a short duration course.
This course is an ideal entry point into the lifting industry.
- CITB Health, safety and environment test passed within two years before the course start date or CPCS test date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Teaching and Assessment
- 3 Days Training – Classroom-based and Practical Training
- 1 Day – CPCS Testing
- Establish the weight and dimensions of loads and communicate this information to the crane operator
- Use clear and unambiguous signals to direct the actions of a crane moving loads of various weights and dimensions
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
- Name and explain the purpose of differing types of lifting equipment and lifting accessories, basic construction, uses and applications, characteristics and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per technical data, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Interpret and extract information on all relevant documentation
- Undertake all pre-use checks on non-specialist lifting accessories and identify non-serviceable items
- Determine the serviceability of lifting accessories, and maintain and store them
- Explain procedures for placing non-serviceable items out-of-service
- Identify centres of gravity and estimate weights of loads
- Secure various types of load to a lifting hook using the relevant lifting accessory and procedures
- Direct and guide the movement of loads to different types of location
- Accurately place loads
- Arrange, use and comply with communication procedures
- Maintain safe working situations
- Carry out out-of-service and securing procedures
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Register and complete the NVQ level 2 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.