A49 Loader / Securer- Non STGO
To provide high quality training and testing in the safe and effective use of plant and machinery to enable the candidate to attain the CPCS Red Operator Card.
This course is for people with limited or no experience of operating a Loader / Securer- Non STGO.
It teaches you how to operate and maintain a Loader / Securer- Non STGO safely.
- CITB Health, safety and environment test passed within two years before the course start date or CPCS test date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Teaching and Assessment
- 3 Days Training – Classroom-based and Practical Training
- 1 Day – CPCS Testing
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a loader/securer
- Name and explain types of transporter, purpose, principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook,other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks on the transporter and prime mover
- Configure and set for site and public highway travel, loaded and unloaded
- Prepare the area for plant loading and unloading duties
- Configure and set the transporter for loading and unloading duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Arrange, use and comply with communication procedures
- Load or direct and position different items of plant on and off a trailer
- Arrange, secure and ready items of plant on the trailer in preparation for travel on the public highway
- Explain legislative requirements for transporting loads on the highway
- Explain considerations when planning a route on the public highway
- State requirements to be undertaken when loading and unloading on the
- Carry out plant shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the Road Traffic Act requirements
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Register and complete the NVQ level 2 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.