A57 Dump Truck – Rigid Chassis
The endorsements are:
A57A Dump Truck – Rigid Chassis – Up to 15 tonnes
A57B Dump Truck – Rigid Chassis – Up to 50 tonnes
A57C Dump Truck – Rigid Chassis – All sizes (wheeled)
A57D Dump Truck – Rigid Chassis – Tracked
To provide high quality training and testing in the safe and effective use of plant and machinery to enable the candidate to attain the CPCS Red Operator Card.
This course is for people with limited or no experience of operating a Dump Truck – Rigid Chassis.
It teaches you how to operate and maintain a Dump Truck – Rigid Chassis safely.
- CITB Health, safety and environment test passed within two years before the course start date or CPCS test date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Teaching and Assessment
- 3 Days Training – Classroom-based and Practical Training
- 1 Day – CPCS Testing
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with plant manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Configure and set for travel (site and highway)
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces – loaded and unloaded
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces whilst carrying loads
- Ensure the suitability of the tipping and loading area
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Position to receive loads
- Comply with plant loading procedures
- Ensure load integrity and security
- Transfer loads to different locations
- Discharge loads into trenches and over edges
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Register and complete the NVQ level 2 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.