A60 Mobile Crane
The endorsements are:
A60A Mobile Crane Blocked Duties only
A60B Mobile Crane – Pick-and-carry duties only
A60C Mobile Crane – All Duties
This course is for anyone who requires training in operating a Mobile Crane.
It is suitable for those who have not received any formal instruction.
Upon successful completion of the course you will be able to operate and maintain a Mobile Crane safely and productively.
- CITB Health, safety and environment test passed within two years before the course start date or CPCS test date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Teaching and Assessment
- 4 Days Training – Classroom-based and Practical Training
- 1 Day – CPCS Testing
- Operate mobile cranes safely and productively
- Respond to recognised crane signals accurately
- Position the crane correctly
- Alter jib lengths and associated safety devices
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine maintenance
- Understand duties charts
- Programme safe-load indicators
- Understand the basic theory of power units, transmission systems and control systems
- Understand the effects of radius change on the safe working capacity
- Observe statutory regulations and Codes of Practice
- Gauge the effect of shock loading on structural strength, stability and load displacement
- Recognise the principles of safe slinging, the types and capacities of chains, slings and lifting gear
- Understand the safe use of outriggers
- Be aware of transport regulations and how to prepare to go on the public highway.
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Register and complete the NVQ level 2 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.