A66 Compact Crane
The endorsements are:
A66A Compact Crane – Static-stabilisers
A66B Compact Crane – Mobile Industrial
A66C Compact Crane – Luffing Static Duties
A66D Compact Crane – 360 – Pick and Carry
To provide high quality training and testing in the safe and effective use of plant and machinery to enable the candidate to attain the CPCS Red Operator Card.
This course is for people with limited or no experience of operating a Compact Crane.
It teaches you how to operate and maintain a Compact Crane safely.
- CITB Health, safety and environment test passed within two years before the course start date or CPCS test date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Teaching and Assessment
- 4 Days Training – Classroom-based and Practical Training
- 1 Day – CPCS Testing
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and
responsibilities as a plant operator
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic
construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s
handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and
- Explain all relevant documentation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Configure and set for travel
- Travel the crane to the work area
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
- Configure the crane for lifting duties
- Programme / set-up Rated Capacity Indicators or Load Moment Indicators
for lifting duties
- Identify weights and centres of gravity of loads
- Deploy outriggers to specification (where applicable)
- Explain the function use and limitations of jib extensions
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Lift various loads using the full radius and slewing or steering capabilities
of the crane
- Accurately place loads
- Minimise the swinging of loads
- Comply with signals and instructions
- Move loads through machine travel (relevant endorsements only)
- List different types of lifting accessories compatible with compact crane
use, and explain the limitations of slinging with compact cranes
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain loading and unloading procedures
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Register and complete the NVQ level 2 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.