To provide high quality training and testing in the safe and effective use of plant and machinery to enable the candidate to attain the CPCS Red Operator Card.
- Explain the duties and responsibilities of: an Appointed Person, a Crane Supervisor, a Crane Operator, a Slinger Signaller, a Crane Erector and maintenance personnel
- State basic requirements of legislation, regulations, and codes of practice that relate to all types of lifting duties
- Identify the requirements for basic, standard and complex lifts
- State requirements to be followed when planning the lifting of persons
- Explain additional requirements for loads to be lifted from height
- Describe notification, liaising and reporting procedures to statutory, authority, and utility bodies when affected by the lifting operation, i.e. works, railways, highways, airfields, etc.
- Identify different types of cranes, and explain their lifting capabilities and limitations for given lifting operations
- Explain maintenance, inspections, thorough examination and testing requirements for lifting equipment and accessories
- Describe setting up, erection, levelling and dismantling requirements for different types of lifting equipment and lifts
- Calculate lifting equipment point loadings/outrigger loadings, spreader mat types and sizes from given information
- Explain the function and use off, and use information provided by RCIs and anti-collision systems
- Select the correct crane for specific specified lifts and utilise accessories inc: swing-aways, stingers, powered boom extensions etc. extra ballast plus duties charts, range diagrams and specification sheets
- List different types of lifting accessories and explain typical applications
- Identify and explain relevant information relating to different types of lifting accessories i.e. markings, certificates and thorough examination reports, etc.
- Calculate sling sizes and angles
- Explain slinging techniques for given loads including balanced, unbalanced and loose
- Specify appropriate lifting accessories for given types of loads
- Identify weights and centres of gravity for different types of loads
- Describe and demonstrate different types of communication methods for lifting purposes
- State the need to complete a reflective report following a typical lifting operation
- Identify potential proximity and underground hazards from given plans and drawings
- Identify and plan an area, with exclusion zones for different, given lifting operations incorporating safe access/egress routes for before, during and after the lift
- State requirements that allow safe site access and egress for typical lifting equipment
- Construct a safe system of work by constructing risk assessments, method statements and lift plans using given information
- Prepare and explain pre-prepared lift plan information to others involved in a lifting operation i.e. crane supervisor, crane operator, slinger signaller etc.
- Specify positioning of a crane, load and other limiting factors in relation to fixed objects
- Evaluate and explain how environmental factors and the surrounding area, external to the lift zone, can affect the planned lifting operation
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Register and complete the NVQ level 5 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.
POPULAR COURSE - (WE CAN COVER ALL CPCS CATEGORIES BEGINNERS/EXPERIENCED)
BEST PRICES / PRICE MATCH (speak with Simon to secure your place)
Citb Health And Safety Touch Screen Tests
CPCS Blue Card Renewals
One Day Health and Safety Awareness
A09 Forward Tipping Dumper Foundation Worker
A09 Forward Tipping Dumper Experienced Worker
A09 & A31 Combined Ride On Roller And Forward Tipping Dumper
18-22 May, 15-19 June, 20- 24 July
A16 Industrial Fork Truck Foundation Worker
A16 Industrial Fork Truck Experienced Worker
A17 Telescopic Handler Foundation Worker
A17 Telescopic Handler Experienced Worker
20 & 23 April, 27 & 30 April, 5 & 8 May, 11 & 14 May, 18 & 21 May, 26 & 29 May, 1 & 4 June, 8 & 11 June, 15 & 18 June, 22 & 25 June, 29 June & 2 July, 6 & 9 July, 13 & 16 July, 20 & 23 July, 27 & 30 July
A23 Skid Steer Foundation Worker
A23 Skid Steer Experienced Worker
A31 Ride On Roller Foundation Worker
A31 Ride On Roller Experienced Worker
A36 Lorry Loader Foundation Worker
A36 Lorry Loader Experienced Worker
A40 Slinger Signaller All Types- All Duties Foundation Worker
A40 Slinger Signaller All Types - All Duties Experienced Worker
A40 Slinger Signaller All Types - Static Duties Foundation Worker
A40 Slinger Signaller All Types - Static Duties Experienced Worker
A58 Excavator 360 Below 10 Tonne Foundation Worker
A58 Excavator 360 Below10 Tonne Experienced Worker
A59 Excavator 360 Above 10 Tonne Foundation Worker
A59 Excavator 360 Above 10 Tonne Experienced Worker
A61 Appointed Person
A62 Crane Lift Supervisor Foundation Worker
A62 Crane Lift Supervisor Experienced Worker
A66 Compact Crane Foundation Worker
A66 Compact Crane Experienced Worker
EXTRA DATES CAN BE ARRANGED
The excavator training I received at M.I construction training was highly informative and helpful in my day to day use of plant. With the professional and friendly staff who trained me I was able to pass my CPCS test and am now able to work on nearly any site. The test ground was also an added bonus as it had a big area for me to train on plant and comfortable classrooms to do the theory training in. The center also kindly gives refreshments free of charge which is another bonus.
I’m thinking of doing another course with them soon.
MI Construction Training has provided us with an excellent service over the past two years which is tailored to the needs of our organisation. They have succeeded in creating training courses which are specific and relevant to the particular needs of our organisation. Their trainers facilitate in a way which allows attendees to interact, while, learning skills and knowledge which can be applied to their individual roles. Their trainers have also provided excellent 1-1 specific and individually tailored training and coaching to staff which was found to be extremely beneficial by both the trainee and our Company
I just wanted to tell you how impressed our guys were with the training delivered here last week.
Justin's delivery was clear and concise and his willingness to answer questions made for a very worthwhile training course. I will have no hesitation recommending your company to the other business managers in our area should the opportunity arise.
The John Fisher School
I know I turned up mentally stressed with personal issues,I can`t thank you guys enough for supporting me fully in my training and self-confidence.You have boosted my ability to a different level and my outlook and self confidence is now where it should be.
The way you train people,and your understanding of individuals is something I cannot put into words.I would like to thank you all for everything you have done for me.I have and will recomend you to any one that inquires about plant construction training.
PS look forward to seeing you in five months for my NVQ.Once again thank you all for your professionalism.
Hi At Mi I would like to thank you all for the extra mile you went to help me over the 3 days on my A59B training. Your training is the best i have experienced in over 20 years of being in construction.
Have a good christmas and new year.