A09 Forward Tipping Dumper
The endorsements are:
A09A Forward Tipping Dumper – Wheeled
A09B Forward Tipping Dumper – Tracked
To provide high quality training and testing in the safe and effective use of plant and machinery to enable the candidate to attain the CPCS Red Operator Card.
This course is for people with limited or no experience who want to learn to operate a wheeled forward tipping dumper.
It teaches you how to operate and maintain a forward tipping dumper safely.
- CITB Health, safety and environment test passed within two years before the course start date or CPCS test date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Teaching and Assessment
- 2 days training – classroom-based and practical training
- 1 day – CPCS testing
- Operate the machine to a minimum standard
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Fit and operate ancillary equipment
- Site the machine safely and efficiently
- Know which minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures are necessary, and be able to carry them out
- Prepare the machine for travelling on the public highway
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces – loaded and unloaded
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces whilst carrying loads
- Ensure the suitability of the tipping and loading
- Ensure load integrity and security
- Transfer loads to different locations
- Discharge loads into trenches and over edges
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
- Understand the capabilities, purposes and limitations of each machine
- Apply all necessary safety precautions
- Understand how diesel engines work and how various parts of the machine operate.
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Register and complete the NVQ level 2 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.