A17 Telescopic Handler
The endorsements are:
A17A Telescopic Handler – Industrial Telescopic
A17B Telescopic Handler – Up to 9 metres
A17C Telescopic Handler – All sizes exc. 360 Slew
A17D Telescopic Handler – All sizes inc. 360 Slew
A17E Telescopic Handler – Suspended load (non-rough terrain)
To provide high quality training and testing in the safe and effective use of plant and machinery to enable the candidate to attain the CPCS Red Operator Card.
This course is for people with limited or no experience of operating a Telescopic Handler.
It teaches you how to operate and maintain a Telescopic Handler safely.
- CITB Health, safety and environment test passed within two years before the course start date or CPCS test date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Teaching and Assessment
- 3 Days Training – Classroom-based and Practical Training
- 1 Day – CPCS Testing
- Operate the machine for all normal tasks
- Decide whether a particular load is safe to lift
- Carry out routine servicing procedures and maintenance as necessary, in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
- Know how the machine works and the maintenance requirements involved
- Understand the effect of load, size, weight, gradients and ground conditions upon machine stability
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces – loaded and unloaded.
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces (with and without loads).
- Configure and set for lifting and transferring duties.
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Lift and remove various loads up to full extension and working height of the telescopic handler.
- Transfer and place loads accurately at given locations.
- Place and remove loads from a vehicle.
- Know how to load, store and transport representative materials
- Understand the basic construction of pallet
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Register and complete the NVQ level 2 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.