The endorsements are:
A20A Hoist – Rack & Pinion Goods
A20B Hoist – Passenger/Goods combined
A20C Hoist – Rope Operated Goods
To provide high quality training and testing in the safe and effective use of plant and machinery to enable the candidate to attain the CPCS Red Operator Card.
This course is for people with limited or no experience of operating a Hoist.
It teaches you how to operate and maintain a Hoist safely.
• CITB Health, safety and environment test passed within two years before the course start date or CPCS test date.
• Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Teaching and Assessment
- 2 Days Training – Classroom-based and Practical Training
- 1 Day – CPCS Testing
- Describe the nature of this sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant/equipment operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle hoist components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm competency in line with the manufacturer’s requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Check the stability, alignment and all-round safety before use.
- Ensure that the relevant hoistway protection mechanism is in position before use.
- Check that all gates and safety devices function according to specification.
- Undertake all the hoist’s pre-use and on-going running checks.
- Check the emergency lowering functions.
- Explain precautions to be taken for overhead services and other construction site hazards.
- Load and unload materials following official manual handling requirements.
- Prepare the hoist for the required load(s) and/or passengers.
- Operate the plant machinery to the limits of operation both loaded and unloaded.
- Comply with signals and instructions.
- Explain the hoist’s working limitations.
- Place the plant equipment in an out-of-service condition, isolate it and secure it.
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Register and complete the NVQ level 2 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.