A25 Mobile Elevating Work Platform – Scissor
To provide high quality training and testing in the safe and effective use of plant and machinery to enable the candidate to attain the CPCS Red Operator Card.
This course is for people with limited or no experience of operating a MEWP Scissor.
It teaches you how to operate and maintain a MEWP Scissor safely.
• CITB Health, safety and environment test passed within two years before the course start date or CPCS test date.
• Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Teaching and Assessment
- 2 Days Training – Classroom-based and Practical Training
- 1 Day – CPCS Testing
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Check emergency lowering functions
- Configure and set plant equipment for site travel
- Travel over inclines on level surfaces
- Explain travel procedures and precautions over rough terrain and inclines
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
- Configure and set plant for accessing duties
- Position the platform to access a work position
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Access working points up to full operating height
- Travel with a raised platform (where applicable) and employ extension units
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Register and complete the NVQ level 2 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.