A33 Agricultural Tractor
To provide high quality training and testing in the safe and effective use of plant and machinery to enable the candidate to attain the CPCS Red Operator Card.
This course is for people with limited or no experience of operating a Agricultural Tractor.
It teaches you how to operate and maintain a Agricultural Tractor safely.
- CITB Health, safety and environment test passed within two years before the course start date or CPCS test date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Teaching and Assessment
- 2 Days Training – Classroom-based and Practical Training
- 1 Day – CPCS Testing
We also offer a 2 day experienced worker course for candidates who do not require practical training.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle plant components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Configure and set for site and highway travel
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces with mounted and trailed implements
- Manoeuvre the plant equipment in confined spaces with trailed and mounted implements
- Attach and set trailed implements ready for work
- Attach and set mounted implements ready for work
- Attach and set power take-off drives ready for work
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Operate a mounted or power-driven implement
- Remove and store trailed and mounted implements
- Carry out plant shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Register and complete the NVQ level 2 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.