A36 Lorry Loader
The endorsements are:
A36A Lorry Loader – Hook
A36B Lorry Loader – Clamshell Bucket
A36C Lorry Loader – Hydraulic Clamp
To provide high quality training and testing in the safe and effective use of plant and machinery to enable the candidate to attain the CPCS Red Operator Card.
This course is for people with limited or no experience of operating a Lorry Loader.
It teaches you how to operate and maintain a Lorry Loader safely.
- CITB Health, safety and environment test passed within two years before the course start date or CPCS test date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Teaching and Assessment
- 2 Days Training – Classroom-based and Practical Training
- 1 Day – CPCS Testing
- Undertake all pre-start, running checks and shutdown procedures
- Stability factors
- Configure for travel (site and highway)
- Configure and set for lifting duties
- Place material onto transporting vehicles
- Undertake all pre-use checks.
- Configure the vehicle and loader crane for travel.
- Travel the vehicle to an area of work.
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces.
- Position and configure the vehicle and loader crane for lifting duties.
- Deploy the stabilisers to specification.
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Program / se-up and/or comply with Rated Capacity Indicators or Load
- Moment Indicators for lifting duties.
- Identify weights and centres of gravity of loads.
- Lift various loads using the full radius and slewing capabilities of the loader crane.
- Place loads accurately at designated positions including on/into and from the vehicle.
- Explain the use of, types and fitting of boom extensions.
- Minimise the swinging of loads.
- Secure loads on or in the vehicle.
- Explain different types of lifting accessories compatible with the loader crane use.
- Maintain safe working conditions.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Lifting requirements and lifting exercise
- Explain loading/unloading procedures for transportation of loads
- Place machine out of service
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Register and complete the NVQ level 2 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.