A41 Loader / Compressor
To provide high quality training and testing in the safe and effective use of plant and machinery to enable the candidate to attain the CPCS Red Operator Card.
This course is for people with limited or no experience of operating a Loader / Compressor.
It teaches you how to operate and maintain a Loader / Compressor safely.
- CITB Health, safety and environment test passed within two years before the course start date or CPCS test date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Teaching and Assessment
- 3 Days Training – Classroom-based and Practical Training
- 1 Day – CPCS Testing
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and
responsibilities as a plant operator
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic
construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook,
other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Configure and set for site and highway travel
Travel over rough, undulating ground and level surfaces; laden and
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
- Configure and set for loading operations
- Configure and set for pneumatic tool operations
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Sort and place materials into transporting vehicles and/or hoppers
- Clear spread materials
- Carry out compressor shut-down procedures and tool/equipment storing
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Register and complete the NVQ level 2 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.