A64 Overhead Travelling Crane
To provide high quality training and testing in the safe and effective use of plant and machinery to enable the candidate to attain the CPCS Red Operator Card.
This course is for people with limited or no experience of operating a Overhead Travelling Crane.
It teaches you how to operate and maintain a Overhead Travelling Crane safely.
- CITB Health, safety and environment test passed within two years before the course start date or CPCS test date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Teaching and Assessment
- 2 Days Training – Classroom-based and Practical Training
- 1 Day – CPCS Testing
- Current Legislation and regulations: LOLER 1998, PUWER 1998, WAHR 2005, MHOR 1992, ACOPs BS7121 Parts 1 & 2, BS5744
- Duties of personnel involved in Lifting Operations
- Crane appreciation, types, applications, limitations and terminology
- Lifting equipment and lifting accessories documentation
- Load calculations, centre of gravities
- Risk assessments, method statements
- Safe working loads (SWL), Working load limits of lifting accessories, mode factors
- Types of lifting accessories and their application
- Communication procedures, signalling
- Understand the basics of power units, control systems and safety devices
- Crane daily inspections
- Isolating, fault reporting
- Operating crane in various planes as per manufacturers recommendationControlling load movement with various load types
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Register and complete the NVQ level 2 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.